Updated: 29 June 2021
Real Travel & Tourism Systems CC Reg: 1998/042276/23 respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
In compliance with South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information bill (POPI), we are obliged by legislation to ensure that reasonable measures are implemented and followed to protect your privacy and the right to access of information. This includes transparency, accountability, and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. RTTS’s site follows the policy as stated below.
Processing means broadly anything done with the Personal Information, including collection, usage, storage, dissemination, modification or destruction (whether such processing is automated or not).
Some of the obligations under POPI are to:
- only collect information that you need for a specific purpose
- apply reasonable security measures to protect it
- ensure it is relevant and up to date
- only hold as much as you need, and only for as long as you need it
- allow the subject of the information to see it upon request
Collection and Use of Personal and Non-Personal Information
In compliance with applicable law, RTTS collects information from different points on its sites, and is the sole owner of the information collected.
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and other information that you provide by filling out our web forms; this includes information provided at the time of submitting your CV for a job or internship application or requesting services
RTTS also collects the following non-personal information, if you provide it:
- Information about your business, such as company name, company size, and business type
- Demographic information, such as age, education, gender, interests, and postal code
- Correspondence with other users, blogs or social media platforms that you send through RTTS Systems, and correspondence sent to RTTS
- If you contact us, RTTS may keep a record of that correspondence
As is true of most websites, RTTS automatically gathers information about your computer, such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
This may also include information collected from surveys, which may include contact information and demographic information. RTTS does not sell, share, or rent this information to others for their marketing purposes without your consent. RTTS may, in compliance with applicable law, combine your information with information lawfully acquired from other organisations, and use it to improve and personalise services, content, and advertising.
RTTS may use this information in the following ways:
- To send you an order or cancelation confirmation, or notify you about changes in service
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of RTTS products or services, when you choose to do so
- To assess your needs to determine suitable products
- To send you requested product or service information
- To prevent, discover, and investigate violations of applicable Terms and Conditions.
- To respond to customer service requests
- To send you a newsletter
- To send you marketing communications
- To respond to your questions and concerns
- To improve RTTS’s website and marketing efforts
- To conduct research and analysis
- To display content based upon your interests
Choice / Opt-Out
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters or marketing emails at any time, following the unsubscribe instructions included in those communications. You can also request us to remove you from further communications by addressing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may at several different points on the RTTS’s websites request information (e.g., regarding careers, or find out more about our services). To submit a request using the forms provided on the website, you must supply contact information (e.g., name, email, phone number). This information is used by RTTS to provide the information requested.
RTTS posts customer testimonials that may contain personally identifiable information, such as the customer’s name. RTTSobtains customer consent to post names prior to posting the testimonial. If you want to remove personal information that is being publicly displayed on RTTS’s website, please contact us.
RTTS may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help with our business activities, such as offering customer service. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When RTTS believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect rights or safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- If RTTS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; in such a case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the websites of any change in ownership, or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Important things to know about cookies:
RTTS uses your IP address to help diagnose server problems, and to administer our website. RTTS uses your IP addresses to analyze trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Every time you access RTTS’s website, some data is temporarily stored and processed in a log file, such as anonymous IP addresses, the browser types, the recalled page, or the date and time of the recall. These data are only evaluated for statistical purposes, to help us diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our sites, or to improve our offer.
Links to Other Websites
RTTS retains your information for as long as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that RTTS no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us. RTTS will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Storage of Information; Transmission
When RTTS collects personal information directly from you, it follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted: both during transmission and once received it is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). RTTS does its best to protect your personal data. Once your information is received, RTTS uses strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore its absolute security cannot be guaranteed; any transmission is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on the RTTS website, contact us.
RTTS has a companywide commitment to your privacy. To make sure your personal information is secure, please check that you are visiting our RTTS authorised website on the domain www.roomseeker.co.za. RTTS emails will only come from this domain. RTTS does not permit our employees to send or receive work-related emails from personal accounts or any other address.
Additional Policy Information
Updating, Accessing, Amending or Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
Children Under the Age of 13
Parents or guardians must be aware that minors may want to visit RTTS on the Internet. However, the site is not directed at children under the age of 13, and those under the age of 13 should not provide personal data on the site unless they have received permission from their parents before submitting any personal information. RTTS believes parents should be responsible for supervising the online activities of their children, and take into account various tools that allow them to provide their children with a controlled, child-friendly Internet. These tools are designed to preclude children from releasing personal information online without the permission of their parents. If RTTS becomes aware that a minor has submitted information on its site, RTTS reserves the right to request proof that the parent or guardian has permitted use by the minor of the site; otherwise RTTS reserves the right to delete the relevant information and the minor’s registration on the site.
By submitting information to RTTS, irrespective of how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing for such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.
RTTS is responsible for the personal data collected from users of this website and determines the purposes and means by which such personal data are used, subject to applicable law.
Real Travel & Tourism Systems
Westlake Business Park
49 Bell Crescent